Recently, I have posted an article about Alternatives To TweetDeck. Most of these applications run on Adobe Air, and I have noticed that there are many Tweeple who for one reason or another have been having problems with Adobe Air related apps.
That said and based on a recent comment from KateLeg of HootSuite, I decided to check it out and after using it for a while, I came to a conclusion that it is indeed an excellent tool, and does not require installation of Adobe Air as it is a web based Twitter Application.
The Ultimate Twitter Toolbox?
While this could be a pretty bold statement, it certainly deserves to receive the title as one of the best free Twitter Toolbox out there. From one easy-to-use interface, HootSuite will manage multiple Twitter profiles, add multiple editors, pre-schedule tweets, measure your success, and many more. Creating an account is very easy and once confirmed, enter one or multiple Twitter accounts and start your Twengines.
HootSuites Side Of the Story:
- A parliament of owls?: Got a bunch of people who tweet for your organization? As an admin, add multiple editors for each HootSuite profile. Each editor has a unique HootSuite login, so you don’t need to share the profile’s main Twitter password.
- Many nests to maintain?: Add as many profiles as you like. Manage them all from the HootSuite dashboard. No need to log in and out of separate accounts.
- Feed your community: Provide rich, nourishing content to your followers at any time of day using the HootSuite tweet scheduler. Pre-schedule anything you like, from radio programming to birthday well-wishes. Or, tweet live!
- Analyze flight patterns: Use the ow.ly URL shortener to track click-throughs on your links and to monitor which messages perform best with your followers. Visit the Stats tab to monitor total clicks for each Twitter profile.
- Search the forest: Use HootSuite’s intelligent search system to mine information on particular topics. The search defaults to the profile’s Twitter name, so you can see the conversations you’re involved with.
- There’s no place like home: Visit the dashboard for an overview of your profiles, with tabs for Sent, Pending, @Replies and DM inbox. Click on an individual profile to do all of the above, plus monitor your feed, see sent DMs, and explore profile stats.
Now ain’t that something? HootSuite provides features that some other competitors will charge you at no cost. Whether you are an organization or not, but have the need for multiple account management, schedule Tweets, etc., HootSuite is one tool to definitely check out.
So, have you used HootSuite before? Do you know what their “secret weapon” is? Do you know of any Free Twitter Toolbox that can rival HootSuite? Please let us know.